Strategy—Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
Your Course of Study
By providing a coherent and time-tested framework for competitive strategy, this program yields an in-depth understanding of both strategy and the strategy development process.
The program curriculum is organized around six topics:
- Identifying sources of competitive advantage
- Choosing between potential sources of advantage
- Aligning resources, activities, and organizational goals
- Analyzing competitor goals, assumptions, capabilities, and strategies
- Predicting the likely behavior of competitors
- Developing agility in the face of strategic uncertainty
- Exploring the flexible commitment of competitively superior resources
- Creating value in the multibusiness enterprise
- Examining merger-and-acquisition policy
- Capturing value from talent through corporate strategy
- Recognizing the sustainability of competitive advantages
- Understanding the private and social value of sustainability
Innovation and Implementation
- Implementing strategies effectively
- Evaluating strategic sources of innovation
While formulating a superior strategy is a challenging task, strategy implementation can be even more difficult. A special strategy session will help you apply program lessons to your own company, providing a blueprint for strategy implementation. Focused on identifying opportunities for profitable differentiation, this hands-on exercise helps you create graphs showing how your company stands apart in the marketplace in the eyes of your customers. You'll gain insight into how your company can pull ahead of competitors and how best to allocate resources to set your firm on a path of sustainable growth and profitability.
Important Note – The entire program is conducted with strict confidentiality. All company material is treated as completely private, and reviews and critiques are considered proprietary to the companies involved.