Private Equity and Venture Capital
What You Can Expect
Today's global economy, generally constrained capital, and flood of new market entrants challenge even recently successful investment strategies. To maintain sound judgment and discipline that will sustain your portfolio, you must be able to adapt and apply innovative investment approaches in a rapidly changing market.
Private Equity and Venture Capital helps you become a more successful investor by raising your level of investment expertise. Addressing the full range of industry models—from venture capital to growth equity to buyouts—the program explores critical issues related to industry infrastructure, portfolio strategies, and decision-making processes. This HBS Executive Education program is designed to help you:
- Evaluate the impact of market cycles so you can take advantage of opportunities with the most potential
- Apply best practices for making investments—within your borders and in other countries
- Assess opportunities in distressed and/or emerging industries
- Make better investment decisions by examining how current earnings, risk, and organizational change influence deal source, valuation, and portfolio mix
- Move quickly to select the best deals and negotiate the best terms with confidence
- Monitor the progress of portfolio companies and choose appropriate exit strategies
- Successfully scale your firm by managing deals and integrating operations across multiple locations
- Expand your network by building strong relationships with other experienced industry leaders
The program's structure fosters close interaction among participants, providing them opportunities to build valuable personal relationships that may have enduring value throughout their careers.
How Will My Organization Benefit?
The Private Equity and Venture Capital program at Harvard Business School is designed to improve your firm's effectiveness at every stage of a deal. This Executive Education leadership development program explores the critical aspects of negotiation strategy, organizational structure, and portfolio management—all with the objective of helping you build an exceptionally successful investment strategy for your firm. Our groundbreaking curriculum, world-renowned faculty, and elite gathering of international peers provide you with a path to success that you can bring back and implement across every deal.