Making Corporate Boards More Effective
Your Course of Study
Through focused lectures and in-depth case studies, you and a group of distinguished peers will examine how effective boards build positive relationships and efficient processes. You will explore the most relevant strategic and organizational issues facing boards of directors today. Examples taken from companies in diverse industries will drive home the need for transparency, trust, and close cooperation between board members and the management team.
Curriculum topics include:
- What are your board's responsibility and role in relation to management?
- What are the most effective structure and processes for your board?
- What personal qualities and characteristics do you need in the boardroom?
- How should your board carry out its responsibility of providing feedback to its CEO as well as grooming the next generation of top management?
- How should your board work with management to oversee company strategy?
- How can your fellow directors provide constructive feedback to one another and the board's leaders?
- What steps should you take to ensure your company complies with relevant regulations and laws?
- How can your board prepare itself for the inevitable unexpected events and crises that it may face, such as activist takeovers, accounting fraud, and environmental disasters?