Launching New Ventures
Your Course of Study
With a curriculum designed specifically for leaders of new companies, Launching New Ventures goes to the heart of the entrepreneurial process—exploiting disruptive opportunities to launch and grow successful new businesses. In a rich learning experience that includes faculty lectures, case studies, and group discussions, you will learn the strategies of successful entrepreneurs. By exploring a carefully crafted set of topics, you also will refine your thinking and broaden your skill set.
Whether you are starting a new business, launching a new business line, or building an entrepreneurial culture within a small-to-midsize company, this program provides a new perspective and core skills that you can immediately put to use. Topics include:
- Identifying and analyzing entrepreneurial opportunities
- Turning a viable opportunity into a focused strategy and well-defined business initiative
- Developing an effective business plan
- Creating "pitches" to sell the idea to investors, customers, partners, and key employees
- Attracting the top talent and vital resources required to turn a vision into reality
- Building the organization and capabilities needed to launch and nurture early-stage ventures
- Deciding whether to build capabilities in-house or obtain them through partnerships, joint ventures, or potential acquisitions
- Evolving the strategy, organization, and leadership model as the business grows
- Recognizing and managing risk, while creating and measuring value
During the week, you also will have the opportunity to work with program faculty on a new venture that you are launching or on a project that will help foster entrepreneurship in your company.