Leading Change and Organizational Renewal
What You Can Expect
Organizational change is a business imperative. With skilled and insightful leadership, senior teams within your organization will not only be able to adapt to changes in the business environment, but will also be positioned to drive innovation for today and tomorrow, and create new opportunities.
In Leading Change and Organizational Renewal, you will learn how organizations successfully transform themselves. A unique collaboration between Harvard Business School and Stanford Graduate School of Business, this Executive Education program draws on the diverse research, teaching, and consulting expertise of program faculty, as well as the firsthand experience of practicing managers in dozens of companies worldwide.
Through hands-on experience and in-depth analysis of examples drawn from real companies, you and your peers will leave with new perspectives and tangible action plans for leading and managing organizational change. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Develop judgment to make effective decisions about organizational change — even when faced with imperfect or insufficient information
- Embed new ways of doing things within your corporate culture
- Develop internal communication networks among senior teams, as well as "product championship" skills, to drive your firm's innovative, dynamic capabilities
- Embrace strategic experimentation and learning without jeopardizing financial stability
- Analyze disruptive technologies as both threats and opportunities
- Assess and manage organizational culture, diagnose problems, and implement cultural change
- Use cutting-edge tools to help evaluate leadership styles and senior-team characteristics and how they affect change
- Build a shared vision of success around organizational change initiatives
This program is also being offered at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
How Will My Organization Benefit?
Leading Change and Organizational Renewal is a significant investment for both you and your organization. Going far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories, the program provides a unique personal-case working group experience that focuses you and your peers on specific innovation, change, or renewal issues that participants identify before coming to the program. Facilitated by leading HBS faculty, and supported by a groundbreaking curriculum and the latest organizational research, these lessons in the classroom not only give you a fresh perspective on global business, but are intended to provide strategic leadership frameworks that can be implemented successfully within your company.