Governing for Nonprofit Excellence
What You Can Expect
Improving Your Organization's Performance
In today's challenging business environment, board members of nonprofit organizations must effectively coordinate several key functions of governance. These range from providing a broad vision for the organization's mission to defining specific metrics for measuring performance.
Governing for Nonprofit Excellence is designed to help individual board members enhance the leadership and stewardship they deliver to their organizations. Through case studies and discussions, you will explore the difficulties faced by other boards in several key areas of governance, and you will emerge better prepared to achieve excellence within your own organization.
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
By examining issues of critical concern to board leaders, you will learn to:
- Clarify your organization's mission and identify who will lead it
- Assess objectives and plan strategically for the future
- Explore efficiencies related to mergers, alliances, and revenues
- Create value-adding board leadership processes
- Forge effective board and CEO relationships
- Establish systems for gauging organizational performance
- Ensure your organization's financial compliance and sustainability