Finance for Senior Executives
Your Course of Study
This leadership development program's comprehensive curriculum gives you a clearer understanding of the flow and management of financial resources at divisional and corporate levels. Immersed in a rich learning experience that includes dynamic faculty lectures, interactive classroom sessions, and structured and informal group activities, you will explore successful and unsuccessful approaches to financial management. You will emerge with strategic insights into complex financial challenges while acquiring the proven frameworks and tools for better day-to-day financial management and control.
Specific topics include:
- Understanding the role of finance in supporting the functional areas of a firm
- Employing basic analytical skills and the principles of corporate finance
- Working with capital markets and financial institutions—how do they operate, what are the best practices for maximizing available resources, and what are the implications of recent market developments?
- Utilizing the standard techniques of analysis, including capital budgeting, cash flow, valuation, and risk analysis
- Establishing and monitoring executive compensation policies
- Managing corporate distributions—including cash, property, and stock dividends—within the context of redemptions and liquidations
- Examining the decision-making processes of corporate managers, stockholders, creditors, unions, financial advisers, investors, and turnaround specialists
- Restructuring and strategically employing valuation and financial analysis
- Mastering the theory and best practices related to profit planning, strategic profitability analysis, resource allocation, residual income techniques, and performance scorecards
- Setting performance goals and incentives, and using diagnostic and interactive control systems to achieve those objectives
In addition to the above topics, the program also includes an optional session on best practices in accounting.