Competing on Business Analytics and Big Data
What You Can Expect
Improving your Organization's Performance
As data becomes a growing source of competitive advantage, companies must create business strategies that also provide value to consumers and shareholders. Building data generators into business processes, and earning the right to ask customers to volunteer personal data are examples of principles that matter in the new data-rich world. This program investigates the critical role of business analytics in improving decision making and product/service strategies at the highest levels. You will emerge with the analytical skills to turn big data into a strategic resource.
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
Immersed in dynamic discussions and global case studies, you will engage with world-renowned HBS faculty and an elite group of peers who span industries and countries. In the process, you will:
- Gain a fundamental understanding of big data and learn how to apply complex analytics methods
- Explore how experimentation and predictive analysis can improve your business model and efficiency
- Address the ethics of transparency in data collection and the concept of "unvolunteered truths"
- Examine the implications of big data analysis on marketing, the supply chain, and human resources
- Recruit and develop data-savvy talent who have the skills to take your analytics to the next level
- Recognize big data as a valuable resource for building and implementing strategic initiatives
- Build and sustain a competitive advantage by expanding your company's analytics capabilities