Corporate Level Strategy
What You Can Expect
Improving Your Organization's Performance
Whether your company is growing through acquisition, integrating a diverse portfolio of units, or looking to shed peripheral businesses to achieve greater profitability, this program will help you to create and implement an effective corporate strategy that builds and sustains long-term value.
Through relevant lessons in the classroom, the comprehensive curriculum empowers you to drive growth by transforming your firm's corporate culture. You will learn how to align the strategy of your corporate office with its operating units in ways that create a corporate and competitive advantage for your multibusiness organization.
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
World-renowned HBS faculty will lead you and an accomplished group of global peers in an exploration of corporate strategy development, execution, and transformation. You will expand your ability to:
- Identify the unique capabilities that underpin value creation across businesses
- Evaluate your business portfolio and determine the appropriate range of markets and activities
- Add greater value to an individual business unit or a potential acquisition
- Foster entrepreneurship and innovation in the corporate office and across your business units
- Acquire a certain company, create a long-term partnership, or contract for key capabilities
- Advance corporate strategy while preserving each operating unit's independence
- Optimize the value, role, and authority of your multibusiness firm's corporate headquarters
- Recognize when change is necessary and lead efforts to revitalize your organization