Your Course of Study
The intensive curriculum focuses on the design of compensation plans and on the process that compensation committees can—and should—use to develop practices that link the rewards for executive performance to company goals. Crucial questions addressed include:
- What factors motivate senior executives—and what role does compensation play in this motivation?
- What characteristics define compensation plans that are both motivational to executives and acceptable to shareholders?
- What role should the compensation committee play in determining CEO compensation, designing compensation plans for other senior managers, and approving performance targets and levels of compensation?
- What does an effective process for committee activities look like—and how should compensation consultants, the CEO or his or her representative, and the senior human resources officer be involved in the process? Also, how should the committee relate to each of these players?
- How should compensation plans be related to performance evaluation practices for the CEO and other top executives?
- How should the compensation committee address new SEC requirements of compensation disclosure?