Business Innovations in Global Health Care
What You Can Expect
Improving Your Organization's Performance
Improving health care across the globe requires innovative ventures and delivery models that can succeed in the face of complex political and economic challenges. In Business Innovations in Global Health Care, you will learn how entrepreneurs in developing and developed countries overcome barriers to provide better and more efficient care and medical technology.
By analyzing successful health care ventures worldwide, you will emerge better positioned to maximize and implement innovative approaches within your own region or country.
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
Engaging HBS faculty with senior health care leaders and entrepreneurs from around the world, the case study discussion in this global health innovation program will improve your capacity to:
- Evaluate the strategic and business model elements of entrepreneurial health care ventures globally
- Tackle the scaling problems facing health care innovations
- Analyze new directions that established firms consider to capitalize on the challenges and opportunities of a new global health care environment
- Understand the different business models for innovating health care
- Balance the tensions inherent in a venture with both social and for-profit objectives
- Address the challenges of commercializing new technology in a highly regulated and poorly reimbursed market
- Grow the international presence of an established health care system with a strong regional and national presence