Advanced Management Program
Investment in the Future
Participants will interact daily with world-renowned HBS faculty members—intellectual thought leaders who pioneered the business concepts practiced by top executives worldwide—and will have the unique opportunity to learn firsthand from some of the world's top business leaders. Baker Library/Bloomberg Center, the world's largest business archives, supports the unrivaled AMP learning experience, providing access to materials that complement case studies and course topics. A Baker Library/Bloomberg Center research assistant will guide participants to the resources that best meet their specific needs and interests.
Highly Relevant Curriculum
With a focus on meaningful, real-world business experiences, the faculty continually updates the AMP curriculum. Through the latest HBS cases and research, they incorporate recent trends and innovations, economic developments across the globe, and top-of-mind issues. The result: a powerful and timely learning experience that will transform your career and your organization.
Global Peer Network
Over the course of seven weeks, a group of highly accomplished executives exchanges insights and shares a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience. To promote diversity and reinforce the extraordinary sense of community, participants are assigned to living groups that remain intact throughout the program. Building connections with this core group and the wider AMP cohort, AMP graduates become part of an elite global network that provides ongoing support and insight throughout their careers.
Intensive Learning Environment
For over 70 years, the Advanced Management Program has helped to transform proven executives into exceptional leaders. Throughout decades of rapid global change, AMP has continued to set the standard in executive education. Each year, the HBS faculty reframes the program curriculum to reflect the current challenges and emerging opportunities created by disruptive innovation, socioeconomic trends, and market volatility. Since 1945, generations of AMP alumni have gone on to lead top companies around the world, many as chief executive officers.
Legacy of Effectiveness
With more than 20,000 graduates to date, AMP is the top program for organizations seeking to prepare their executives to step into the most senior leadership positions. Understanding the power of this program, many companies send one or more promising senior leaders to AMP each year. This, in turn, helps to create teams of leaders who speak the same language, embrace the same values, and promote the same culture.
AMP alumni can stay abreast of important business trends and innovative research through our HBS Alumni benefits as well as perks that are available exclusively to AMP alumni:
- Business Leader Presentations – AMP alumni will have the opportunity to watch streaming-live presentations by top CEOs at future sessions of AMP, or they can view recordings of these sessions online.
- Harvard Business Review – Stay up to date on the latest business thinking with Harvard Business Review. Through this benefit, participants receive the printed magazine and also have full, lifetime access to the publication's online content.
- Selected Readings – AMP faculty will identify and share articles, research summaries, and other materials to complement the cases and lectures presented during the program.
- Harvard Business Publishing Resources – AMP alumni have lifelong access to a robust program platform, the vast archives of Harvard Business Publishing, and the global HBS alumni network.
- AMP Continued Learning – As an AMP graduate, you can take part in AMP webinars, reunions, and weeklong renewal seminars designed exclusively for program alumni. You will have the rare opportunity to relive the HBS experience and expand your professional network by reconnecting with old friends and developing new bonds with fellow AMP alumni.
Why Seven Weeks?
Proven Learning Format
Achieving the management expertise and personal development required for senior leadership demands an uninterrupted commitment: the time to abandon preconditioned points of view, explore innovative alternatives, and adopt new attitudes and behaviors. Away from the daily demands of the office, AMP provides the rare opportunity for you to develop effective strategies for specific challenges facing your organization.