Advanced Management Program
Investment in the Future
AMP is truly a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience. Each day, you will interact with world-renowned HBS faculty members—intellectual thought leaders who set the gold standard in global best practices—and exchange diverse insights with some of the world's top business leaders. Baker Library/Bloomberg Center, the world's largest business archives, supports the unrivaled AMP learning experience, providing access to materials that complement case studies and course topics. A Baker Library/Bloomberg Center research assistant will guide you to the resources that best meet your specific needs and interests.
Highly Relevant Curriculum
As economies, trends, global challenges, and world markets change, AMP adapts its curriculum. Through the latest HBS cases and research, you will explore leadership in customer and product markets, changing geopolitical influences, and current capital markets. The HBS faculty builds upon each week’s case studies through integrative teaching and a holistic approach. The result: a powerful and timely learning experience that will transform your career and your organization.
Global Peer Network
Over the course of seven weeks, you will collaborate with a diverse group of global leaders who will become trusted colleagues and often lifelong friends. To promote diversity and reinforce the extraordinary sense of community, participants are assigned to carefully designed living groups that remain intact throughout the program. Building connections with this core group and the wider AMP cohort, AMP graduates become part of an elite global network that provides ongoing support and insight throughout their careers.
Intensive Learning Environment
For more than 70 years, the Advanced Management Program has helped to transform proven executives into exceptional leaders. Throughout decades of rapid global change, AMP has continued to raise the bar in executive education. Each year, the HBS faculty reframes the program curriculum to reflect the current challenges and emerging opportunities created by disruptive innovation, socioeconomic trends, and market volatility. Since 1945, generations of AMP alumni have gone on to lead top companies around the world, many as chief executive officers.
Legacy of Effectiveness
With more than 20,000 graduates to date, AMP is the top program for organizations seeking to prepare their executives to step into the most senior leadership positions. Understanding the power of this program, many companies send one or more promising senior leaders to AMP each year. This, in turn, helps to create teams of leaders who speak the same language, embrace the same values, and promote the same culture.
AMP alumni can stay on top of important business trends and innovative research through their HBS Alumni benefits as well as perks that are available exclusively to AMP alumni:
- Business Leader Presentations – AMP alumni will have the opportunity to watch streaming-live presentations by top CEOs at future sessions of AMP, or they can view recordings of these sessions online.
- Harvard Business Review – Stay up to date on the latest business thinking with Harvard Business Review. Through this benefit, participants receive the printed magazine and also have full, lifetime access to the publication's online content.
- Selected Readings – AMP faculty will identify and share articles, research summaries, and other materials to complement the cases and lectures presented during the program.
- Harvard Business Publishing Resources – AMP alumni have lifelong access to a robust program platform, the vast archives of Harvard Business Publishing, and the global HBS alumni network.
- AMP Lifelong Learning – As an AMP graduate, you can take part in AMP webinars, reunions, and weeklong renewal seminars designed exclusively for program alumni. You will have the rare opportunity to relive the HBS experience and expand your professional network by reconnecting with old friends and developing new bonds with fellow AMP alumni.
Why Seven Weeks?
Proven Learning Format
Developing the management expertise and personal mindset required for senior leadership demands an uninterrupted commitment: the time to abandon preconceptions, explore innovative alternatives, and adopt new attitudes and behaviors. Away from the daily demands of the office, AMP provides the rare opportunity for you to develop effective strategies for specific challenges facing your organization.