What You Can Expect
Whatever role your organization plays in the complex world of agribusiness, you need to remain fully informed about current issues as well as emerging external trends that will impact the future of the industry. The HBS Agribusiness Seminar delivers new insights and frameworks that can help senior executives in every type of organization—including producers, processors, marketers, retailers, policymakers, and service providers—make important strategic decisions.
Completely refreshed each year, the Agribusiness Seminar is recognized for thought-provoking content and dynamic discussions led by renowned HBS faculty. The 2017 seminar includes 12 new cases that spotlight the industry's latest innovations and most pressing challenges. Further enriching the sessions is the unique opportunity to meet and hear from top executives from many of the companies featured in the diverse set of cases.
Throughout this intensive learning experience, you will have ample opportunity to meet agribusiness peers from across the globe, expanding your perspective—and professional network.
Improving Your Organization's Performance
Through broad exploration of today's most important agribusiness trends, you will gain insight that will help your organization build and maintain a competitive advantage in a changing global marketplace. As you design business models and strategies with an eye to the future, you will be better able to:
- Evaluate opportunities in a global context and identify your best routes to growth
- Anticipate changes in industry structure that could affect how you do business
- Draw on successful models from across the industry as you initiate new business lines
- Maximize potential and reduce risk as you expand into new countries and regions
- Create strong alliances that will drive growth and profit for your business
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
Highlighting the latest agribusiness business models and best practices, the curriculum is designed to expand your perspective, knowledge, and skills—and enhance your effectiveness as a leader. You will emerge better able to:
- Discover and take advantage of potential opportunities for growth in both domestic and international markets
- Recognize risks and address challenges before they cause problems for your business
- Build a flexible organization that responds with greater agility and resilience to all types of market change
- Drive innovation and change to address an evolving customer base, new competitive challenges, and emerging opportunities
- Adopt innovative practices from within and outside your sector to improve your company's effectiveness and market position
- Strengthen your global network by making new connections with other leaders across the agribusiness industry