Your Course of Study
By providing frameworks for competitive strategy development, this program yields an in-depth understanding of both strategy and the strategy development process.
The program curriculum is organized around eight topical areas:
- Competitive forces that drive industry structure
- Forecasting scenarios of industry evolution
- Identifying sources of competitive advantage
- Choosing the competitive scope of industry participation
Economics of Competitive Advantage
- Strategic cost analysis
- Buyer motivation, incentives, and value analysis
- Analyzing competitor goals, assumptions, capabilities, and strategies
- Predicting future behavior of competitors
Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Irreversible strategic commitment
- Threats to sustaining competitive advantage
Global Industry Presence
- Understanding the dynamics of globalization
- Gaining competitive advantage
- Creating value in the multibusiness enterprise
- Aligning resources, activities, and organizational goals
Important Note – The entire program is conducted with strict confidentiality. All company material is treated as completely private, and reviews and critiques are considered proprietary to the companies involved.
"I came away from the program with the ideas and tools to critically assess my company's global strategy. The Value Net, Value Stick, and Value Innovation models helped me find ways to create and share value through existing social platforms and data mining. Now I have the knowledge and competencies to build a competitive advantage smartly and efficiently."
Bertrand Mbouck [Area Business Controller], Wartsila Business Unit, Nigeria, Central & West Africa