What You Can Expect
Recognizing that today's uncertain business climate calls for visionary leaders, the Program for Leadership Development presents an integrated view of the fundamentals of management. By gaining a deeper understanding of core business functions, you will improve your decision-making skills and expand your leadership capacity. Through an examination of macroeconomic topics—such as the links between developed economies and emerging markets, you will assess how changing global markets are impacting your industry.
Your PLD learning experience will be enhanced by the dynamic interchange that takes place among the eight members of your living group, which is carefully designed to span industries and countries. During the course of the program, you will share diverse perspectives on strategies, ideas, opportunities, and personal and professional challenges. These intimate relationships not only enable you to consider a business challenge from different angles, but also serve as a global support network as you work to achieve your leadership goals.
The result is a personal and professional transformation that contributes to your company's succession planning while strengthening its competitive position. You will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of business functions and build foundational skills to integrate these functions across the organization
- Examine new techniques and technologies for driving results throughout the company in any market cycle
- Formulate a holistic approach to identifying problems, formulating solutions, and adapting to change
- Build strategic skills for effective decision making, strategy development, and implementation
- Expand your capacity to lead cross-functional initiatives and corporate projects amid challenging global markets
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy that reflects greater knowledge, capabilities, and insight
"PLD was life-and career-changing. It improved my knowledge, confidence, and skill in business finance, added to my knowledge of global economics, and gave me tools to develop and execute strategy across business functions. But more than that, it gave me very clear direction for improving my leadership skills. I know what I need to do. I have cases to turn to for help. I have networks to refer to. I have more clarity on my leadership and its value to the business. This program is designed to help you be the best general manager you can be."
Wendy Rayner [Head of Marketing], NZ Lotteries, New Zealand