What You Can Expect
PLD allows you to step back from day-to-day responsibilities, reassess your value to the company, and develop a broader perspective on your leadership capacity. By gaining a deeper understanding of core business functions, you will improve your decision-making skills and learn how to lead cross-functional initiatives in today's shifting global markets. Through a personal case study and professional one-on-one coaching, you will emerge with a personal action plan for addressing the key challenges confronting your organization.
Your PLD learning experience will be enhanced by the dynamic interchange that takes place among the eight members of your living group, which is carefully designed to span industries and countries. While sharing diverse views on HBS cases and collaborating on complex business challenges, you and your peers will forge strong bonds. You will emerge from PLD with a global network of business leaders with whom you can share advice and insights over the course of your career.
The result is a personal and professional transformation that contributes to your company's succession planning while strengthening its competitive position. You will:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of business functions and build foundational skills to integrate these functions across your organization
- Examine new techniques and technologies for driving results throughout your company in any market cycle
- Formulate a holistic approach to identifying problems, formulating solutions, and adapting to change
- Build strategic skills for effective decision making, strategy development, and implementation
- Expand your capacity to lead cross-functional initiatives and corporate projects amid challenging global markets
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy and presence that reflects greater knowledge, capabilities, and insight