After completing PLD's four core modules, participants can earn HBS alumni status in one of two ways:
- Completing PLD Module 5
- Completing an additional 10 days (two credit weeks) of HBS Executive Education open-enrollment or custom programs
Participants have five years from the completion of either PLD or the first qualifying program to fulfill these requirements. Qualifying programs include those completed within two years prior to the PLD start date. Participants must apply for each open-enrollment program and must meet admission requirements.
As a member of the HBS alumni community, you will enjoy exclusive access to:
- The HBS alumni network – Tap into a global resource of more than 78,000 MBA and Executive Education alumni in 167 countries.
- The HBS Alumni Clubs and Associations – Connect with members of 85 Alumni Clubs and Associations worldwide on diverse business and social levels. Besides strengthening alumni relationships and offering opportunities for continued learning, many Alumni Clubs and Associations provide community service, reinforcing the HBS mission "to educate leaders who make a difference in the world."
- The Baker Library services – Access a comprehensive collection of content assets and thought-leadership pieces on wide-ranging aspects of management and leadership online at http://www.library.hbs.edu/resources_alumni.html.
- The HBS Publishing Alumni Plus Program – Identify yourself as an alumni member when placing an order and receive a 20-percent discount on regularly priced items. This includes HBS Press books, Harvard Business Review article reprints, and case studies (subscriptions not included). If other discounts are offered (such as quantity or special pricing), the lowest available discount will apply. After completing a program at the School, alumni will receive a free one-year subscription to Harvard Business Review.
- A 30-percent discount on all HBS Executive Education Open-Enrollment programs
- A lifelong HBS email forwarding address
"The Program for Leadership Development takes you on a journey and makes you not only a better leader with impeccable expertise in many areas—but also a better visionary, friend, colleague, partner, family member, and human being. Each and every segment made this program such a profound experience."
Cveti Yotova [Business Development Manager], Materna GmbH, Bulgaria