Your Course of Study
A New Path incorporates the HBS case method in classroom discussions, team interaction, individual coaching, and web-based tools to facilitate self-assessment and personal discovery, and update your business skills and knowledge. At the heart of this leadership training program are regular meetings with your Board of Advisers—an intimate group of peers and faculty coaches who share perspectives, provide insights, and enable you to formulate your own personal plan of action. Topics include:
Business Fundamentals: Finance, Marketing, Negotiations, Leadership, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship
- Applying financial tools for business analysis, planning, and management
- Discovering new techniques to market effectively, with an emphasis on the role of the Internet in contemporary marketing
- Exploring best practices and understanding current competitive dynamics to develop and implement sound strategies
- Employing effective negotiation techniques and the power and science of nonverbal behavior
- Developing an appreciation for the entrepreneurial pursuit and evaluating if it is a potential career path
- Analyzing the challenges encountered by leaders who face significant organizational change
Life Visioning and Career Planning
- Defining a new life and career vision via proven self-assessment tools, exercises, and small group sessions
- Developing a life plan that includes strategies for creating or finding the next career opportunity
- Creating a personal brand and message that communicates your path forward to everyone you meet
- Making a transition on the face of competing priorities, time pressures, and other obligations
"It was an amazing week, and A New Path gave me the confidence to step out and start my own business. Despite starting my business in the middle of a recession, I am having an absolute blast and haven't had a single regret in making the decision. In a sign that I am probably suited to starting my own business, I am actually really energized by the risk and the uncertainty—it's an incredibly fun challenge to try to make this all work."
Megan Donnelly [President], Quabbin Advisors, LLC., U.S.