What You Can Expect
Owner/President Management (OPM) is a transformative program that builds a bridge from where you are today to where you want to be tomorrow. Focused on corporate growth, leadership expertise, and financial success, OPM is an unparalleled opportunity to enhance your business skills, innovate with other talented executives, and prepare for the new challenges that lie ahead. Whether you seek a more global perspective, better ways to seize opportunities, or greater insight into go-to-market options, OPM can help you realize your company's potential—and your own.
Presented as a three-week session each year over three years, OPM provides the skills, tools, and network you need to become a more accomplished leader. The program's structure maximizes the value of your intensive learning experience while minimizing time away from work. Through its valuable feedback loop, the program empowers you to try out new ideas and evaluate results with the help of HBS faculty and peers.
By participating in OPM, you will improve your ability to:
- Build strategic consensus and take decisive action
- Adapt your leadership approach in innovative ways to address challenges
- Evaluate strategic options based on a firmer grounding in business fundamentals
- Foster cooperation among different business functions
- Assess competition and position your company for market success
The OPM Approach
The program's three-year structure gives you valuable opportunities to apply your learning to rapid changes in the global business arena, reflect on the actions you have taken, and assess the resulting implications. Each OPM unit focuses on a key aspect of running a successful business and builds on the preceding unit.
Unit I: Analyzing Opportunities
- Expand your knowledge of key frameworks and approaches for analyzing your business
- Identify opportunities as well as threats and develop a plan for addressing them
- Assess your leadership style and your organization's ability to implement your plan
Unit II: Leading Growth
- Examine complex business models and frameworks to achieve your key goals
- Build core capabilities and strategic assets to increase the value of your business
- Develop the management skills and governance infrastructure to ensure growth
Unit III: Planning Future Transitions
- Develop your business strategy going forward and a game plan for executing it
- Identify future business and personal transitions and approaches for navigating them
- Balance the objectives for your business with your personal and professional goals