What You Can Expect
Maintaining a competitive advantage in today's evolving economy requires more than strategic insight. Business leaders must have an in-depth understanding of how to balance financial and nonfinancial measures, drive strategy down to operations, and manage and measure multiple control systems. In Driving Corporate Performance, you will explore the critical link among strategy, performance measurement, organizational design, and corporate governance.
This HBS Executive Education program examines powerful control systems that integrate risk management, "big data" decision analytics, cost management, and strategy implementation. You will return to your organization with a strategy map for implementing and managing these new systems across all business functions and initiatives. Specifically, you will be better able to:
- Translate your company's mission and business strategy into a comprehensive set of performance targets and measures
- Analyze, understand, and communicate business strategy
- Design and lead a competitive and scalable organization
- Motivate innovation while balancing rapid entrepreneurial growth with controls
- Drive your strategy down to operations
- Align front-line employees to your company's strategic objectives
- Identify and manage preventable strategic and external risks, particularly during challenging economic times
- Develop and implement an integrated framework for your organization's performance management and control systems
How Will My Organization Benefit?
Executive Education programs at Harvard Business School are a significant investment for both you and your organization. Going far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories, each leadership development program provides applicable lessons in the classroom that can be implemented successfully within your organization. You will acquire a fresh perspective on global business from our groundbreaking curriculum, world-renowned faculty, and an accomplished group of elite peers from around the world.
"I attended this program because our company is expanding rapidly, both inside and outside the Gulf. We need to envision how we will function as a much larger organization and then move to put the right processes in place. Coming to HBS gave me many new ideas and also strengthened my convictions about steps I already wanted to take. Now we are implementing the Balanced Scorecard, doing more long-term planning, and implementing a more systematic approach to analyzing and managing risk as we enter new markets."
Vijay Ganju [General Manager], Lifting & ICD Division Technical Parts Est., U.A.E.