What You Can Expect
Improving Your Organization's Performance
Whether your company is growing through acquisition, integrating a diverse portfolio of units, or looking to shed peripheral businesses to achieve greater profitability, this program will help you establish a corporate strategy that builds long-term value.
Through relevant lessons in the classroom, the program empowers you to align the operating units within your multibusiness organization and strengthen your corporate advantage.
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
World-renowned HBS faculty will lead you and an accomplished group of global peers in an exploration of corporate strategy development and execution. You will enhance your ability to:
- Evaluate your business portfolio and determine the appropriate range of markets and activities
- Assess markets, competition, and opportunities from a cross-business perspective
- Add greater value to an individual business unit or a potential acquisition
- Foster entrepreneurship and innovation in the corporate office and across your business units
- Acquire a certain company, create a long-term partnership, or contract for key capabilities
- Advance corporate strategy while preserving each operating unit's independence
- Measure and communicate the value of corporate-level contributions
- Recognize when change is necessary and lead efforts to revitalize your organization
"By focusing on the needs of multibusiness organizations, this program helped me to create measurable value through the alignment of the parent company and its operating units. In addition to developing a global cross-business perspective, I learned how to design, communicate, and execute corporate-level strategies that drive both top-line revenue growth and bottom-line profitability across the business portfolio."
Stephen Bates [DoD Business Strategy], Oracle, U.S.