What You Can Expect
Grooming an executive to take on the responsibilities of global leadership can take years of on-the-job training—time that most companies cannot afford. The Advanced Management Program accelerates the leadership development process by providing an exceptional opportunity for both personal and professional growth—one that empowers you to think broadly, manage globally, and compete strategically.
Working closely with other senior executives, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to position your organization for future growth and profitability. While immersed in AMP, you will:
- Expand your awareness of the extraordinary financial factors and external forces shaping global competition today, including specific conditions in emerging markets and rapidly developing economies
- Enhance your portfolio of leadership approaches and develop your ability to apply the right technique to each unique business challenge
- Explore emerging challenges in business ethics, governance, and sustainability—and the complex relationship between business activities and social and environmental conditions
- Engage in an intensive process of self-assessment and goal-directed planning that will improve your performance as a senior executive and foster greater success and satisfaction
- Acquire the latest frameworks and tools designed to help your company formulate a winning competitive strategy
- Gain the high level of confidence that inspires effective decision making across the organization
- Develop better judgment by expanding your analytical and strategic skills
- Join the HBS Alumni network of more than 78,000 accomplished global executives
As an AMP graduate, you will return to your company with a broader perspective on global leadership, a deeper understanding of how to apply best practices, and a greater ability to turn your personalized action plan into measurable results. At the same time, you will become a resilient leader and an effective communicator who can inspire others across the organization to realize their leadership potential.
"There are very few opportunities in life where you can actually remove yourself from your day-to-day responsibilities and dedicate yourself to learning and development. I would recommend this program for people who need to rethink their techniques, frameworks, and analytical approach. From that perspective alone, AMP has been a fabulous learning experience that will live with me for the rest of my career."
Marianne Erlandsen [Managing Director, Regional Head], The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation, U.S.