What You Can Expect
For more than 50 years, the renowned HBS Agribusiness Seminar has explored the business, economic, political, environmental, and societal issues that impact the agribusiness industry, providing executives with new knowledge and an essential full-chain, cross-industry, global perspective.
This premier forum brings together senior decision makers from every type of industry organization—including producers, manufacturers, marketers, retailers, policymakers, and service providers. Recognized for its dynamic, thought-provoking classroom discussions, the seminar is enriched by the participation of top executives from many of the companies featured in the diverse set of cases. Because the industry is constantly changing, the curriculum is refreshed each year with a set of new cases spotlighting the most current innovations and challenges. Because of this, many participants attend yearly to explore the latest trends and to network with other industry leaders.
Improving Your Organization's Performance
Taking a forward-looking approach to agribusiness industry trends, this HBS Executive Education program will help your company make the right moves in a complex, volatile business environment. Providing relevant lessons in the classroom that yield a broad view of the global food and agribusiness system, the program will help your company to:
- Succeed in an increasingly competitive and global agribusiness landscape
- Improve its ability to respond to market change
- Create a global footprint by expanding more effectively into new countries and regions
- Create new organizational structures that strengthen market position
- Build strong alliances—both across business functions and with other companies
- Influence the future of the industry by contributing to discussions among top players
Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
World-renowned HBS faculty will lead you and an accomplished group of global peers in an exploration of the vital chain that brings food, feed, fiber, and fuel from the farm to the consumer. This program will help you to:
- Lead your company more strategically through insight into industry dynamics
- Understand emerging issues that could change how you do business
- Identify opportunities for growth in both domestic and international markets
- Balance short-range strategies and long-term goals in the context of overarching industry trends
- Drive innovation and change in your organization to address an evolving customer base, rising competitors, and emerging opportunities
- Explore how other companies are successfully implementing best practices and new strategies for growth
- Strengthen your network by making new connections with peers from across the agribusiness industry
"This program provided an excellent overview of the key strategic issues facing global agribusiness. Through the highly relevant case studies, I acquired an in-depth, practical understanding of how companies manage key issues. Interacting with the key companies and case protagonists added valuable insight and raised my awareness of what actions are essential in my own business."
Ian Glasson [Chief Executive Officer], CSR Sugar, CSR Ltd., Australia