Your Course of Study
To maximize the value of the time you invest on campus, this rigorous, content-rich curriculum will be covered in a condensed time frame. By examining leading-edge research, real-world case studies, and actionable ideas, you will gain greater insight into the strategic service vision, the economics of client relationships, and the link between customer satisfaction and customer behavior. You will acquire the tools to leverage information technology and process reengineering for competitive advantage, while exploring the role of leadership in change management.
Throughout the program, you will study various organizations that have successfully delivered differentiated products and services at the lowest possible costs. Topics will include how to:
- Align the "performance trinity" components—management and leadership, culture and values, and strategy and vision
- Enhance the value equation for employees, customers, and investors
- Identify and revisit the shared values at the heart of the organization's culture
- Develop a value-centered method for measuring and recognizing performance
- Hardwire the organization to achieve desired results
- Improve learning and innovation efforts through effective knowledge transfer
- Understand the importance of treating employees like customers, and customers like employees
- Assess the lifetime value of unique client segments—including antagonists, hostages, mercenaries, loyalists, and apostles—within the organization's portfolio of customers
To address your own company-specific challenges, you may choose to participate in an optional coaching session at the close of the program. Led by HBS faculty members, this session enables you to redefine your service vision as you begin applying the lessons from the program to maximize new opportunities within your organization.
"ABS gave me the confidence not to compromise on truths, which will provide me the competitive edge I was looking for. Business is about creating and keeping loyal customers—and the best loyalty program comes from delivering value to customers as a result of their last interaction with you. The program has changed me as an individual, and will certainly benefit my colleagues and the firm as a whole."
Pratap Nambiar [Regional Executive Partner, Global Markets], KPMG Asia Pacific Limited, Singapore